• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailering a M35a2

TURKEY131

I am going to be moving a M35a2 soon and was wondering if you guys think I can do it with the trailer that I have. The trailer is heavy duty and is rated for 15000 lbs. I am really concerned with the size of the trailer. The trailer deck is 216 in long and between the wheel wells is 81.5 in. The truck has super singles on it do you guys think it will work. I will only be towing this truck around thirty miles. Thanks in advance

well a deuce weights 13k. and if your trailer is rated at 15k i would bet its going to be overloaded cause of the weight of the trailer is taken off the max load rating.

i am not sure of the width of the tires. but i bet its going to put a FULL load on that trailer.

TURKEY131

Not to worried about the weight I trailer a 5500 GMC dump 250 out to PA with my F250 on the trailer with no problems. that truck was about 12000 lbs. I am more concerned with the size.

Sephirothq

I think you wll find that the width between the fenders is not large enough. Unless you can drive over the fenders it will not fit on it. you will be about 10 inches or so too small to fit. you really need a deckover for this.

Westech

CPL
I had a M220 on my car trailer rated for 7k pounds! yeah top speed was 25 MPH lol but she held together

and a deuce WILL fit in between the fenders of a regular car trailer

Sephirothq

The space between the fenders is 81.5 inches from what i have read that is like 6 3/4 feet. There is no way a duece is that narrow. I don't have a chance to go and measure mine right now but i am sure that it is over 8 feet wide.
but hey that is just my view i could be wrong.

Westech

CPL
hey! I have had my M220 on my car trailer! it will fit! a deuce axle is not much wider then a regular full size pick up. if you have stock dual type rims on it WILL fit.

M1075

The deuce front axle track is 67.75 inches. Add 9" for the tire width and the front tire width should be about 77". The front fender width on the truck is about 85". The rear axles are much wider.

dlawbrey

Take the outside rear tires off and it will make it much narrower. Can't give exact dimensions without going out to measure mine because it is dark outside and the ol' lady ain't falling for it, I'm sure of that though.

TURKEY131

THANKS, for the replies I am going to pick up an m1009 on Tues and will have to do some measuring. I feel it will fit but Murphy sometimes says it wont. Thanks all the input. :D

Blood_of_Tyrants

The weight is somewhat unevenly distributed on a deuce with about half on the front axle alone. You might consider backing it on if there is too much weight on the front of the trailer.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Westech said:
what? your going to pick up a blazer? yeah its going to fit on a car trailer. buy why is this posted in the deuce forum ?
I think he's picking both up. He won a blazer that he's getting first and while he's getting it he's going to throw a tape on the deuce to make sure it will fit. Then, he'll go back for the deuce.

That's what it sounded like to me anyways :)

Michael

TM 43-0001-31 has all of the measurements you need. To summarize:

centerline of front wheels: 67 3/4
centerline of duals: 70
outside of duals 88
max overall width 97 3/4

length:
center front wheel to center rear: 178
overall without winch: 264 1/4
with winch: 278 1/4

TURKEY131

Sorry if I lost some of you guys, sometimes I think that everyone knows what I am talking about. To clarify I won a Blazer and a m35. I am going to pick the blazer up on Tues. and the m35 the following Tues.