• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailworthy fab closed?

Snohomie

Just as I was about to get some PVC inserts, it seems trail worthy fab closed up shop.

Does anyone know the measurements on the PVC inserts they sold, I may just need to order a pipe and cut it down myself.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope it is just down for maint. as stated, how long have you been seeing this?

Snohomie

I hope it is just down for maint. as stated, how long have you been seeing this?
From the website and notes on the Facebook page, it seems they left a note saying they were closing for Christmas through New Years’s day, and I see no evidence of opening after that.

Some small businesses are always one lotto ticket or one family tragedy from closing their doors.

I hope the best for them.

Snohomie

Well… it depends. You don’t need to abandon your plans, depending on services sought. Were you going for recentered wheels, rock rings and spacers or just needing spacers?

Imay Need to just disassemble my spare tire, measure the rim, then order a pvc pipe to cut down to size.

Even at $500 for a 5’ section of pipe, that is far better value than buying 4 wheels…. Unless you are looking for an excuse to go to 17”x10” rims.

Snohomie

Well… it depends. You don’t need to abandon your plans, depending on services sought. Were you going for recentered wheels, rock rings and spacers or just needing spacers?

Imay Need to just disassemble my spare tire, measure the rim, then order a pvc pipe to cut down to size.

Even at $500 for a 5’ section of pipe, that is far better value than buying 4 wheels…. Unless you are looking for an excuse to go to 17”x10” rims.
local pipe supply sells 15” pipe for $66/ft… assuming SDR35 D3034 PVC Sewer pipe is the right stuff.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watching: I need a set of bead locks also, I am just not sure the best/easiest way to accurately cut the pipe, it would need to be pretty dang close.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Watching: I need a set of bead locks also, I am just not sure the best/easiest way to accurately cut the pipe, it would need to be pretty dang close.
I still don't understand why someone in the US didn't tool up already, to convert the regular rubber runflats into just beadlocks. I'm sure more and more people want to run beadlocks, instead of the runflats.

It really isn't that difficult to do; it takes me less than one hour to cut down/turn/grind a set of four. And material is there already, for free (if shipping cost wasn't a factor).

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I still don't understand why someone in the US didn't tool up already, to convert the regular rubber runflats into just beadlocks. I'm sure more and more people want to run beadlocks, instead of the runflats.

It really isn't that difficult to do; it takes me less than one hour to cut down/turn/grind a set of four. And material is there already, for free (if shipping cost wasn't a factor).
That is interesting. got any photos/vid of the process??

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

That wouldn't be hard to construct a machine to do.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That wouldn't be hard to construct a machine to do.
I agree, but the problem is the cost/effort for someone only needing say one set, then if someone was to offer the service then you have a significant investment in shipping, just can't win...

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I agree, but the problem is the cost/effort for someone only needing say one set, then if someone was to offer the service then you have a significant investment in shipping.
I tend to despline hubs for people here already. I used to have a source (CSI out in Tallapoosa) but they closed up a couple years ago. Honestly if there's a need/desire to do this, I'll build a machine to do it. Maybe someone knows where a lot of the runflats are?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have also heard they closed. I am in Oklahoma and I carry the tires and wheels.
I would be interested in some 24 bolt (even spacing) wheels, they sold them pretty cheap and when added to the fact they could include the bead locks at about the same shipping price it was a deal...