• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailworthyfab beadlock rims review

2INSANE

3 of 5 star rating…

This review is in regards to my newly purchased Trailworthyfab.com 24 bolt beadlocks with 3” backspacing, pressed centers, custom rock rings and pvc inserts.

Pros:

1. Well crafted!
2. Beautiful powder coating
3. Heavy duty and pretty much indestructible
4. Very nice and knowledgeable team

Cons:

1. Impossible to balance. Even with dynabeads and lead weights. Great for off-road but not for daily driving 40+mph

2. Extremely heavy! The rims with the pvc inserts weight at least 80 pounds. With the 37/12.5/r16.5 new tires they total 175 pounds each! I feel a huge performance loss from the added weight. So heavy, I can not put them in the back of my blazer by myself unless I use a ramp. Also can not lift to put spare tire/rim on the tire carrier.

3. It took at least 6 months for them to be made and shipped.

Overall, they are worth buying for a strictly off-road rig that is trailered everywhere except the trail. My recommendation is aluminum beadlocks.

Skinny

When I started to get serious into wheeling I built a Toyota crawler. It came with 35 x 14.5 TSL Swampers on a steel wagon wheel. Same thing, I could barely lift it. That truck rode like absolute trash.

After I got done with it, I put in some 37" Goodyear MTRs. It was night and day. Sure it had 5.29s and crossover steering but it was totally acceptable as far as ride, precision, and power.

I think even for a 37" which is a good size tire it was 12" wide and lightweight construction. Once you get into the headlock thing or have some really heavy rubber, it's impossible to balance.

From personal experience it has been that 35 to 37 inch crossover.

My CUCV had used MTRs which looked cool but never balanced, you'd think they were square. I now have 35" Duratracs and they are smooth as glass up to 80 mph. It's mostly the truck vibrating at that point.

I use the balancing rings on both trucks and no wheel weights on the rim whatsoever.

But I strongly believe stepping up to the next size tire all of that goes away.

I just think adding another 50 pounds of unsprung rotating weight on each corner is uncontrollable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks