• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRANNY HELP ! ! ! !

bozozimbo

linesplice said:
Let us know what you find? Good luck.

It was nice and cool this morning so I went and tore the floor back out of the duece, pulled the top of the tranny.....again....determined to find out why I didnt have 2nd or 3rd. I bungeed the throttle stop so the truck wouldnt start and with the starter switch rotated the gears thru......they all looked great. Still I couldnt get the 2/3 synchro to slide back and forth.
Well.....with the thought that I had nothing to lose. I went and got my door bar I used to use when I worked for the railroad. I forced the synchro back and forth dozens of times. It freed up a little more each time. I am happy to say I now have 2/3 gears. The shift is a little stiff but i'm sure will loosen up more as I use it.
Bottom line......on the 2nd gear side of the synchro the innner gears that the synchro slides on were a bit burred....i'm sure causing the problem.
Somewhere down the road I will probably have to change the cluster out but its working for now. :D :D :D

Jimbo

jwaller

sounds like you might have gotten lucky. make sure to change the lube often and keep and eye out for fragments or excessive metal dust.