• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trans not taking off porperly

maritimer

every now and then usualy when the engines warm, when i go to take off fro ma stop it seems like i am starting in 2 or 2 instead of 1 or 2 and it makes a kind of whine for a split second. any ideas or should i start refinanceing my kids to send it to a shop ?

maritimer

yeah and it'll shift down to first if i floor it. just re checked the fluid level "was 1/2" past full when checked on my level driveway" i guess when i checked it the day before and it read low i forgot to compensate for the slope of my buddy driveway. i will take her out for a test run and see if draining it dow nfixed it if not then i dunno i guess start at the simplest and work into the deep stuff

CCATLETT1984

i'd get a bottle of trans flush and do a flush and filter change on the trans, it will fix a sticky body and let you know if its slipping clutches. Keep an eye out for clutch material in the bottom of the transmission pan when you take it out and watch the fluid for stuff as you drain it.

AJMBLAZER

This would be a good time to either throw on a deep pan with a drain plug or just install a drain plug. Chances are you'll be using it soon.

AJMBLAZER

Guess we've never seen any of the same CUCV's.

When mine gets a trans fluid change in the short meanwhile I'll be putting a drain plug into it. Not going to bother with a pan until it gets a TH700R4.

maritimer

on an off topic my pan doesnt have a drain plug. i will replace the valve thingy on the side with the vacum line and pray to the MV gods that fixes it cause if not i will likely have to sell one of my guns to replace the trans

maritimer

AJMBLAZER said:
Ouch dude.

<----Crosses fingers for ya. Guns are like kids man, you just aren't supposed to sell them.
especialy considering my easiest one to sell is worth more then the truck LOL
i hope its just the vacum thingy will know to-morrow forsure lOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks