• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trans prob

tankie88

About 6 weeks ago i had the trans out of my 85 M1009.Only moved it back 6ins and tilted it back slightly to fit a new flexplate.Now the thing changes from 1st to 2nd normally and quickly into 3rd.It will kick down but not stay in the gear it kicked down to.Also if comeing up a hill it won't change from 3rd to 2nd on it's own,i have to change down manually.Anyone any ideas???????

acetomatoco

The modulator line from the vacuum pump, or you may have bent the modulator on a cross member...nuffin serious

badgmc56

Is there a kickdown cable going to the trans? If so, check the adjustment at the throttle. I have seen these cables broken also by trying to sneak a flywheel in and not disconnecting them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks