• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trans replacement

Alredneck

Banned
If noone answer, I might just have to find out the hard way!

At least I have a spare 5ton trans already out for comparison, measurements! That roadranger looks heavy though!

fasttruck

It has been my experience that roadrangers and like are usually used with double disk clutches which a M 809 does not have. A blue moons worth of different spline count, diameter and length imput shafts are surely available so get one that matches your clutch, bell housing depth etc or figure it out before you get it undere the truck. Tried to change a B model Mack once from a signle to double disk clutch to facilitate an engine swap and you cannot imagine the greif that ensured and everything was from one manufacturer !

O.D. Fever

Yes I agree, need more gears. That 3rd to fourth loud clacking gutless hole needs to be filled. Would you guys please do all the research, post a step by step with pics, parts sourcing info, prices, ect. I'll then do it to mine and of course take the credit. Just saying Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks