• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

trans shifting

kingsley

Hey guys I wanted a little advice.....my m1009 shifts around 25 mph and 42 mph is that normal? Can the shift points be changed?

CCATLETT1984

thats about right, you can change a little with the modulator on the side of the trans. forgot which wasy to adjust it. best way would be to get a trans manual from the local parts store, I'm not sure if the TM's show how to adjust it. would be in the -20 or -30 though. you can find the TM's in the tech manual section under the resources heading near the bottom of the page.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The valve to adjust the shift points is on the passenger side of the IP. Rotate the top toward the front of the truck to increase shift points or rearward to lower.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the one on the side of the pump seems to a better job controoling the RPM of the shift points while the modulator seems to control the firmness of the shift better. That was my experience anyways. The line from the vacuum pump to the valve on the IP has been known to rub and leak so if your truck starts shifting goofy, check it for pinholes. I blew the TH400 governor apart in mine one time and it wouldn't shift out of first no matter what the RPMs. Scared the stuffing out of me.