• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trans stuck in Gear

98hd

So I finally got my replacement trans in place in the 818 (not completely hooked up yet, but bolted in place) before I put it in the truck, the gear shifter moved freely, but while installing at some point it sort of froze up. Not sure what the deal is.

Does anyone have an idea? Is there a TM on the trans? I tried taking the shifter off of the old trans, but couldn't get it to separate from the top cover.

I'm not gonna be happy if I have to pull this one too, it was a PITA to get it put back in.

98hd

Are you pushing in the clutch to shift? That can keep it from shifting.
No, I don't have the linkage hooked up yet. The thought had crossed my mind, but I started it up also, and from my experience I can usally get a trans out of gear if the motor is spinning.

I guess I'll wait till it's hooked up and hope for the best.

Thanks for the TM# Gringel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks