• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case and trans for flat tow

ah1955

I am going to have my deuce towed by the towing co. that tows our over the road tractors and the easiest way for him to do it would be to use the wheel lift and pick up the front end.
My question is for about a six mile trip, on a state route at no more then 40 MPH what should the trans. and transfer case be in, or would be best to pull axles?

ah1955

O.K. both in neutral, I thought I read some where that the transfer in neutral and the trans in some gear, but was not sure. I didn't want to pull axles for the short trip but do not need to damage drive line parts. Thanks for the reply.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I thought I read some where that the transfer in neutral and the trans in some gear,

That was for a cucv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks