• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case ID

rottiedog

Hey there smart HMMWV people. I bought a bunch of these just so I could have a couple. I was listing them as NP208. Someone is correcting me and says they are NP218. Searching on here makes me think he is correct.

They do have the cooling tubes. Any other ID features??

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case should have a round metal tag with red markings, and a screw thru the center, on the aft facing side, also the 218 has a fixed rear yoke, unlike the newer NP-242 for later Humvee's which has a slip in yoke.
Greg

rottiedog

Yup, they have fixed yoke and are the NP218s. Had a question from someone about putting it into a late model H-1. I told him anything is possible but it would be a step down from what was in his. Is that a correct statement? His is a 2000 H1.

thanks

ClarkeF

A 218 in the Hummer would require different driveshafts, and would be a step down. The military pulled all the 218's and replaced them with the AMG242HD t-cases - stronger/better and smaller.

Actually come to think of it, the 218 might not fit with an A2 fuel tank - anyone try it? I seem to recall it's substantially bigger.

Regards,

Clarke

Yup, they have fixed yoke and are the NP218s. Had a question from someone about putting it into a late model H-1. I told him anything is possible but it would be a step down from what was in his. Is that a correct statement? His is a 2000 H1.

thanks

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a 218 in there with an A2 tank with shields.
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks