• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case Lever Detent

dutchguy

My transfer case drops out of high gear by itself while driving. I've got a rubber bungee cord that works great to keep it where it belongs. I've checked out the TM, it appears that there is a detent ball to hold it where you put it, with rings or slots around the shift shaft (pic from the TM attached). The plate that is in the floor of the Deuce seems to be right over the top of the access plate on the top of the transfer case. I'm thinking that the spring is broken, or weak. I'm a little leery of taking this cover off, don't know if it's possible that the ball will somehow fall into the transfer which would make things go sideways in a hurry. Maybe I can go at it with a magnet? Has anyone done this, and how should I go at this?

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Plenty of threads on this if you wanted some reading to do. Maybe someone will post up, I have not done it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I know on the 5ts when this happens, it is time for a rebuild, replace the syncos

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter