• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer-case oil change

red devils dude

well yesterday I went to change the oil in my T-case took me a while too find the drain and
fill plug's but I did so get the drain pan set and and pull the plug and out comes maybe one
quart of oil :shock: I'm thinking O crap the T-case is shot!! well I get on with the job flush
the gunk out of the bottom of the t-case then go to remove the fill plug the 1/2" ratchet cant
move it get the swivel end get the plug out ok now I'm thinking maybe the DRMO drained the oil because the whole T-case has a coating of oily goo and the drain plug was only finger tight but is it normal for them too drain just one fluid??

acetomatoco

Your lube order has pictures of the location of the drain plugs. DRMO won't drain any oil, but they will make the Unit which is turning in the equipment do it, especially if the DRMO is located on an Air Force Base...finger tight is good enough some folks cuz it was time to go for a donut... I bot a Oshkosh Plow Truck from GL thru the Air Force and all fluids were drained... Found the oil filter cans, the fuel filter cans and diff plugs in the dump body....even the mechanical oil pressure gauge and tubing was missing because it had oil in it.... Tranny and transfer and power steering and radiator were all empty....hydraulic tank drained and on it goes...cost about 200 bux to refil all units...This is one reason why I have all my stuff flatbedded home, so I can work in peace...and not blow a gearbox on the interstate... Oh, yeah, because it was an airbrake truck they had no brake fluid to drain...ACE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks