• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case oil

CanadianAR

AR is correct, there is only DEX III equivalent available now, I would stay away from the "all vehicle" BLAH BLAH fluids.
yes, that was my point. Anything will be an equivalent. Which is what I used. If she blows up she blows up, there’s clean old formula ATF in it, haha.

thanks for the replies guys, I’m finding this to be a great active forum,

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

CanadianAR

Oreillys and other sell DEX 3 which is also Mercron for ford.

This is not global universal ATF I linked. It is for DEX 3 applications specifically. Works just fine. It is in my Allison in the M923 and used all over my HMMWV with no issues.
Different brand but same idea as what I used. Thx

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oreillys and other sell DEX 3 which is also Mercron for ford.

This is not global universal ATF I linked. It is for DEX 3 applications specifically. Works just fine. It is in my Allison in the M923 and used all over my HMMWV with no issues.
It says good for GM and Ford transmissions CALLING for DEX III etc, it is not DEX III fluid, GM stopped licensing the name DEX III some time ago, not saying it is not the SAME as DEX III it just cannot BE DEX III
EDIT, as soon as the patents run out they change the formula and call it something different

CanadianAR

It says good for GM and Ford transmissions CALLING for DEX III etc, it is not DEX III fluid, GM stopped licensing the name DEX III some time ago, not saying it is not the SAME as DEX III it just cannot BE DEX III
EDIT, as soon as the patents run out they change the formula and call it something different
Just like dexos engine oil, anyone can certify as dexos, but has to pay a licensing fee to GM, Dexron is the same. And they won’t sell that certification anymore,
GM should recognize the classics market and market a Dexron 3 themselves. People would buy it haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks