• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TRANSFER CASE POPPING OUT OF LOW

Inspector 1

I have a 700R4 transmission installed in my HMMWV. Since purchase of vehicle about 1 year ago, transfer case has always popped out of low. I have to physically hold shift lever down to drive in Low. I have no problem in HL or H. Any suggestions?

Ajax MD

Low range is at the rear of the slot. Are you actually hitting the edge of the slot with the shift lever?
If so, get under the vehicle and adjust the throw of the shift lever to give you a little more throw. Perhaps you're not fully engaging the low-range.

Inspector 1

Low range is at the rear of the slot. Are you actually hitting the edge of the slot with the shift lever?
If so, get under the vehicle and adjust the throw of the shift lever to give you a little more throw. Perhaps you're not fully engaging the low-range.
I seem to have a little room left before the shift handle hits the edge of the slot. I will say that it just doesn't feel like a solid lock when shifting in low. Thanks for your advice.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks