• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case position indicator for M1009

jacksmad1

I need the sliding plastic indicator that shows what range you have selected on the transfer case. Mine has one leg broken off that is not big enough for gluing since a plastic chip is missing. I have found the indicators for the transmission column shifter but not for the transfer case. Anyone know of a source other than a junk yard?

Did the exact same repair with super glue. The old grease had turned solid binding the mechanism up. Used a good silicone grease after repair. I put a peanut bulb and pigtail in the indicator afterward for illumination.

jacksmad1

where did you get the light socket and bulb to fit..Mine is completely missing but I did see the hole where it should have been. any part numbers or sources would be appreciated.

where did you get the light socket and bulb to fit..Mine is completely missing but I did see the hole where it should have been. any part numbers or sources would be appreciated.
These trucks never had a bulb or socket in there. Mine is a generic socket with pigtail from a trailer plate lamp assembly that was made for the same type opening. You should be able to find them about anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks