• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case PTO install

Sephirothq

I just got a transfer case PTO for one of my project trucks. I looked through the TM's and all the posts here I could find on it.
I am wondering if anyone has any pics on one installed. I see where the oil line goes, I have gotten the collar, oil line, PTO, lever that goes in the cab, and two linkages to hook it up. The one goes to the PTO, not sure where the other one goes.

Is there a write up on this install anywhere?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's pretty straight foreword. Just remove the cover, install the collar, bolt it up, install the the oil line, and hook up the linkage.

I'm unsure what you are talking about when you say "two linkages". Only other thing that I can think of that hooks to the PTO lever is some trucks had a cable that went to the engine governor to rev the engine when the PTO is engaged. You don't need the cable and the truck you're installing it on probably doesn't have a governor.

Edit- I just remembered. Some trucks also had a linkage that went to a t-case interlock that prevented shifting the t-case in gear while the PTO is engaged. This is probably the linkage you have extra. It isn't needed.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks