• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case PTO installation question

Tomtsled

I can't see how all the bolts are going to go back in those bolt holes. On a couple of them it doesn't even look like there's enough room to put the bolt in to start it, let alone room to twist a wrench around to tighten them up. Any tips on the trick to getting them all in?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
westfolk said:
Make sure you have the correct gasket for it, or at least the right thickness of gasket in there. If you use just Permatex or something as such......your tranny WILL NOT like it.
I don't see the problem, I would say NO gasket, just ANY good sealant works fine, if we are talking about the TC PTO. :?
And yes, you'll need at least some studs to correctly mount it.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case PTOs are out there. They can be costly if you shop at the wrong place. It will fit on any M35A2 transfer case if that is what you were asking.

yorkgulch2

The transfer case PTOs are out there. They can be costly if you shop at the wrong place. It will fit on any M35A2 transfer case if that is what you were asking.
Kenny

Kenny, Thats what I was asking. I haven't found a cheap one yet.

Tomtsled

Gringeltaube, #1 is a stud, but I'm pretty sure # 4 is a bolt. How many studs will I need, and how many bolts? The transfer case did just have the cover over it. Also, I called Memphis Equipment about the studs and the guy in parts didn't know what I was talking about. Does anybody know where I can get this stuff?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFR still has the one I sold him. He also has the studs. Perhaps he can get you the length and thread pitch so that you can source them locally. The PTO originally had studs all the way around.

pa.rich

Call Memphis back and ask for Roy - he can take care of it for you. I recieved an incomplete order from them and had payed in full. Ended up holding payment and roy sent the balance and an apology. They can help you, but you need the right person in parts. Btw, they supplied studs for mine off the tranny on the five tonner.

country

Supporting Vendor
the studs are standard at any truck parts place. they are standard thread on one end and fine thread on the other

don't forget the coupling that goes in between the PTO and the transfer. It looks like a lovejoy style coupling, but it is made of steel

we have a few of these PTO's in stock, I think 2 new ones possibly and a few used

Also have PTO accessory drives that mount on the back of the PTO to run pumps, etc, they run one direction and one speed

Dave
www.easternsurplus.net