• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case Seals and Part numbers

prattcobra

I have a Trasfer Case that is leaking bad on my vehicle I got from OSH KOSH. Plus and oil leak under the dash that never got fixed.

Where can I get the oils seals and gaskets so I can fix this? Does the transfer case have to come off?

thanks in advance

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Any vendor like WHITE OWL, ect. will have the seals, first check the case vent, if this plugs up, your gear case will presureize and leak, you can do the seals in the truck, but MUCH easier to do it on the ground.

The oil leak under the dash is most likley a loose oil presure gage fitting.

These trucks WILL leak, you fix one today, tomorrow another leak will show up because you fixed the one the day before.

Also, PLEASE ask and talk about your truck, NOT OE, we have gone though that before, Thank you

Last edited:

prattcobra

Hey I bought it from them and they said they redid all seals.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here..

73m819 Thanks for the info where is the breather located? How do you clean it or open it if its plugged?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
prattcobra;803266[B said:
]Hey I bought it from them and they said they redid all seals. [/B

73m819 Thanks for the info where is the breather located? How do you clean it or open it if its plugged?
Do you have the TMs, you have no reason NOT to, get them, you have been dealing with this truck for a while, you will need them to do the seals anyway.

On the top of the case, take it off , just replace it.

I'm quessing that thay replaced what was leaking and NEEDED to be replaced.

I don't see ANYBODY replacing a seal that is NOT leaking, unless you are doing a total rebuild of every part and nut and bolt, if that is the case for this truck, you got it very, very cheap, so I would not bitch, other wise you BROGHT a USED army truck.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey I bought it from them and they said they redid all seals.

I'm not trying to pick a fight here..

I'm just saying you already had a complaint post that got locked.
And in the rules under the conduct section you will find this:
Repetitive pro or anti-vendor material . Anti-vendor material that is not well-founded ( 3rd party hearsay ) will not be tolerated
Excessive pro-vendor posting ( cheerleading ) will not be tolerated either.

New seals will leak from time to time ,its a 40 year old truck shafts wear where seals ride . You want answers regarding fixing the truck , who you bought from doesn't matter unless you have a hidden agenda.

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorTMan

I have a few transfer case seals laying around. Will they work as propeller shaft seals too? Are they the same part number? I have 2 differential seals that are leaking, just wondering if the T-case seals were the same.

steelandcanvas

Cobra: I know you told me one time you were on a dial-up connection, so obviously your download speed is very slow. Have you been by your local library and checked to see if you can download what you need from the Deuce TM's? Sometimes they charge a small fee for paper, or maybe they'll let you bring your own paper. Just a thought, but you really need to start looking at the TM's, both Operator and Repair. Bring a little positive to the hobby and learn about your truck.[thumbzup]

jasonjc

I'm on ial-up too, BUT I still down load TM's all the time. I start a down load and go whatch TV or some thing, no big deal.

steelandcanvas

I'm on ial-up too, BUT I still down load TM's all the time. I start a down load and go whatch TV or some thing, no big deal.
Jasonjc: I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt.
Cobra: Glad you finally got a hi-speed connection, now with the link to John Tennis' site, there's no reason not to have all the TM's at your disposal. Happy reading!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks