• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case / Transmission Fluid Level Issue

ODdave

what wrench did you use to get the plugs out?

205= tag on the front, blue ink

208= tag on rear, red ink

you can also tell what it is by the shifter. if there is a square plastic bezel and no writing on the nob its a 208
Just a rubber boot and shift pattern on the nob, its a 205

ODdave

205, you are correct on you drain and fill. correct fluid..... not so much
You say this is in a 1009 (blazer) ?

The tag i am refering to is a round one with a single screw in the middle. tells the model & ratio. That silver tag is meaningless to you for basic identification

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, 205! There's your problem, you have the wrong T case!:razz:

wired1000

I used an adjustable wrench. I did not have a crescent in the correct size for those square bolts. from what I recall it was approximately 13-14mm

ODdave

lol, i have a deuce bed full of them. Just had to give you some shi*. In the civi world the 205 takes 80-90 gear lube. I have seen mill ones with atf. the gear lube climbs the gears better as the 205 dose not have a pump in it.

PS, it is better. Keep it !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks