• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case wizard needed

bugei

i need a transfer case wizard to explain the cause of a problem i am having. i just toasted a SECOND bronze high low shift assembly. the symptom is the truck will not go into high range, and i am pretty sure when i take it apart, i will find that the bronze ring will have "shrunk" on the shaft and will not go into high range.

the oiler seemd ok when we put it back together, what did we miss? since this is a wrecker, it needs to be able to run with the transfer case in neutral without killing the transfer case.

thanx in advance

bugei

this is an 816

opcom

this is an 816 wrecker. the last time, the "slider" got stuck on the shaft, and would not move up into the hi range.

thank you !

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
take the oil line off at the top, run, see if oil is pumping

m880 unimog

force of habit with phospher bronze internals here is [if applicable-] we open out the oil receiver holes with a much larger drill bit or counter sink,this acts as a reservoir to grab more oil/mist.
also on some sliding bushes there are oilways cut into the bearing surface internally,if the bush has been replaced,these oilways will [sometimes] need to be cut in by hand,we use a bearing scraper and fine abrasive to finnish/de burr.
if the bush is shrinking onto the shaft in service- it would seem to be a lack of lube issue?