• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer Case

FordTruckGuy96

I am building a truck and am trying to figure out what transfer case I should go with for the build. I have an 8v92TA Detroit backed up by an Allison HT740 transmission. For the wheels I have 16r20 Michelin XL's and 5 ton Rockwells for the axles. Initially I was going to use a 2.5 ton transfer case for the build but now am thinking that a 5 ton transfer case might be better due to the hp of the engine. Someone had mention to use a transfer case out of a M1075. Looking for any help I can get before I contact my parts guy to pick a transfer case up. Thanks in advance, and if this needs to be moved to a different forum please let me know.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Oshkosh 55000 Is going to be the strongest.

The m1075 PLS Oshkosh 55000 cases are much bigger than the base model 55000s. The PLS cases have a front output power divider and a double lube pump on the rear

I have a basic model 55000 case in the crate for sale.

The T138 and T1138s won't handle the power from the 8v92.

The HEMTTs, HETs use the same drive train. m916A1-3s use the same transmission and Oshkosh 55000 case with a Detroit 60 series engine

It will really depend on how fast you want to go.

T1138 gives the most OD and .76/73 I believe
55000 is a .98
Oshkosh 30000 AWD case is a no go with 1.36 single speed.

FordTruckGuy96

It is somewhat of an old school monster truck build, so I don't see it ever needing highway speeds, but most roads around me are 55mph though I would not be driving that in 4x4. From my understanding the T138 and T1138 are tcases from a 5 ton, and they won't handle the output of the 8v92. I will need a more robust tcase. So the 2.5 ton tcase is completely out of the question.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks