• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfer case

wharfman

can any one tell me what i need to run a shaft out of the back of transfer case on a m52 to run a pump and were to get it i have the pump just need to hook it to transfer case
thanks Dave

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
a xcase pto from a 819,246, 815, maybe 820 with a lift gate, why not use a dump trans pto with the rear faceing drive, this drives the pump for the dump

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have wondered this too. The trandmission PTO's that are made to have the rear output, must be able to be controled to have only the rear turn if they want to, correct? if the front turned also, it would fry the band brake for the winch clutch. so does that mean the transmission rear PTO output are only one speed (unlike the winch)? It seems like they would have to be.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have wondered this too. The trandmission PTO's that are made to have the rear output, must be able to be controled to have only the rear turn if they want to, correct? if the front turned also, it would fry the band brake for the winch clutch. so does that mean the transmission rear PTO output are only one speed (unlike the winch)? It seems like they would have to be.
Correct and correct one speed.

Wharfman I might think about getting a double trans pto might be easer to find.

KsM715

M817 w/w. Best bet is to put a WTB add in the classifieds and all the surplus suppliers that have one for sale will contact you.

stumpjumper83

I think you want the pto off a dump, they are double sided and as mentioned are independantly controlled. I didn't know that there was an option for driving something off the t-case.

jaxsof

And that 5-ton PTO can have the shaft reversed and stuck on the right side of a 6453 also. The Manual shows a part, and PN for the TC PTO

wbv

I think you will want the transfer case PTO from an 815 or 819. This one can be engaged with a lever from the cab. The transfer case PTO on the 816 runs at all times and cannot be disengaged (according to the info have). Look in TM 9-2320-260-34-2 on pages 16-251 through 16-254.

I bought one from Boyce and installed it on my 818. Pictures attached.

Installation was very simple.

wbv

Attachments

wbv

Boyce sold me the PTO, linkage and in-cab lever for $850.

The included link rod was too short so I had to make my own using 2 fine thread bolts and metal rod.

wbv

Attachments