• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfer case

Theduece

I have a sprag transfer case I wanna put a air transfer in there where do I go about finding one? My sprag won't engage an I done no enough bout them still learning lots

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About a month ago my brother and I upgraded our truck from a sprag to an airshift. We purchased it off of ebay, and it was a government rebuild in the crate (rebuild date July/2009). I didn't want to put in a pull out and have it fail a couple months down the road, so I felt better buying a "new one". Also got the air shift hoses and couplers in a kit from the same site. I was a little upset when I saw the same kit on Saturn Surplus for half the price of what I paid. It actually was not very difficult to install. Took about four or five hours for whole install.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case was $950 which is with the cost of shipping and the airline kit was $130. My thought was that was half the price when we put one in my friends duramax so really not that bad.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a good take-out air shift but I'm a pretty good ways away.

You can buy a brand new govt rebuild from TNJ Murray. That's where i just got mine last week. $800 for it plus shipping for you (im local). They had 9 left when i was there. I just swapped mine last night, took about 5 hours by myself with no impact gun. Then get the hoses/switch kit on Ebay. You might as well get a new one, being i found pieces of my bearing cage on my drain plug which apparently happens to all of them, a used one will likely have the same failure eventually. For me if im taking the time to swap it, i wanted a new one in it so the problem wont happen again, atleast for the life of the truck

Yes they ship, they ship internationally too, the case i got was very nice, from Boyce they are like $1450, their mechanic went through all of them right there with me and made sure they worked, hooked air up, spun them all, looked inside them all, just so you know they wont come with the brackets, though none will, or studs, so you will need 6 2" 5/8" grade 8 bolts, 6 lock washers, 12 washers, a 15/16th wrench, when switching the brackets over.

http://www.tnjmurray.com/militaryve...AAC/catid/D472A09B-A91D-9FD1-218417816CD88AC4

Give them a call if you want, they are excellent, i was really impressed with how they treated me and made sure i got exactly what i wanted. I live about 15 minutes from them too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks