• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transfercase is stuck in 2wd mode.

ColtRice17

Yes the lever is in high range on the floor. No the button is not working. One side of the button is getting power but the button is bad when I jump the button and allow a manual flow of power the solenoid is not moving. Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. So just pull the pin out with a magnet?

Csm Davis

Yes the lever is in high range on the floor. No the button is not working. One side of the button is getting power but the button is bad when I jump the button and allow a manual flow of power the solenoid is not moving. Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for. So just pull the pin out with a magnet?
Yeah you should be able to just remove the air line from the actuator and cap it and the spring should push it back so you can shift the transfer case, if not unscrew the actuator and use the magnet to remove the detent pin.

ColtRice17

Yes I do and it is in hi range and the botton doesn't work where can I find a working replacement? Also ehen I jump the button the solenoid still wont work. Guess ill pick up a new one sometime.

ColtRice17

Oh ok. Going to move the truck Saturday morning from lyons kansas to woodward oklahoma. Anyone near that path of travel? and do any of you know anything about the 5 ton parts yard in Salina kansas?

sd39u

Curious how this turned out for you. I am facing some of the same issues.

I can't get my truck to shift into low transfer either.

I have aired up the truck, turned off the truck, blocked the wheels and released the parking break to see if I can hear the solenoid click when I press the button on the lever. It never clicked. I repeated the process using soldier B in the cab with me underneath the truck, I could see the lever move and make contact with some sort of switch. This is as far I as I have made it so far.

I've done some initial troubleshooting thanks to the advice on this thread.

Csm Davis

Curious how this turned out for you. I am facing some of the same issues.

I can't get my truck to shift into low transfer either.

I have aired up the truck, turned off the truck, blocked the wheels and released the parking break to see if I can hear the solenoid click when I press the button on the lever. It never clicked. I repeated the process using soldier B in the cab with me underneath the truck, I could see the lever move and make contact with some sort of switch. This is as far I as I have made it so far.

I've done some initial troubleshooting thanks to the advice on this thread.
Let all of the air out and try to shift it, with it aired up the shifter is locked until you let the air off of it by pushing the button.

sd39u

Went to the truck today and shifted the truck to low transfer first, then started it up. When I went to shift it in gear a horrible grinding sound came from below me and the truck would not move. My guess...my transfer case is fried. Any other things to look at before locating a spare?

sd39u

I thought the lever had to be up for low range? Down is high range.

I pulled the lever up before starting truck, started up and aired up, shifted to 1, and it was grinding the gears. Released the air, repeated the process again, same result.

Plane Fast

It will grind if the transfer case is stuck between high and low. They can be a pain if the truck is on an incline. Remove all air again and release the parking brake. (The truck should not move with the spring brakes applied) This should let you get it back to high range. It may take a few up and down movements with the lever to get the gears to line up. The handle should almost touch the floor in high. Hope this helps.

Csm Davis

Sd39u there are 3 positions on the transfer case shifter high, neutral, and low. Fix the interlock or disable it. Push on the transfer case leaver, and hold pressure on it, as you shift the transmission into reverse or 1-5 then quickly back to neutral it should slip the rest of the way into gear.