• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transfercase Question

401-J10

Hey guys,
So i've got this gear driven transfercase that i pulled out of a truck that seemed similar to an M211, as it had nearly the same axles. It also had the 302 inline six but it had a manual transmission. The transfercase has shafts for switching into low range and for the front output. I've attached pics of the transfercase and of the truck. Basically my biggest question right now is what fluid to run in it. I was thinking just 80w90 gear oil, but wanted to see what was best. I'd also love to know more about the case or the truck.

thanks in advance everybody.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a banjo transfer out of a WWII CCKW. Made by GM. Runs 80W-90 gear oil. That has to be the most messed up CCKW I have ever seen, sorry. Looks to have been a '43 closed cab. That driveline was the forerunner of the M135/M211 (G749) trucks.

401-J10

It's a banjo transfer out of a WWII CCKW. Made by GM. Runs 80W-90 gear oil. That has to be the most messed up CCKW I have ever seen, sorry. Looks to have been a '43 closed cab. That driveline was the forerunner of the M135/M211 (G749) trucks.
Hey you're not hurting my feelings, i just pulled the transfer case out of it. Thanks for the info.