• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission 4l80e

Crik13

Transmission 4l80e still in limp mode...

So, I finally had time to work on the m1123 again. I tried to reset the relay and that did not seem to reset/ no change. So I changed the dual switch at the brake pedal, not sure how to adjust it, so I tried it at one end of the adjustment and at the other and that did not make a difference either?
Any ideas? Thank you for all uou help in advance!

springer1981

Transmission 4l80e still in limp mode...

So, I finally had time to work on the m1123 again. I tried to reset the relay and that did not seem to reset/ no change. So I changed the dual switch at the brake pedal, not sure how to adjust it, so I tried it at one end of the adjustment and at the other and that did not make a difference either?
Any ideas? Thank you for all uou help in advance!
The adjustment is for the brake light switch. Adjust it until the brake lights come on with a light pressure to ensure your brake lights work when you hit the brakes.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't get the transmission light or transfer light to work. My other dash lights work. I put the wire ina and e on the transmission box and nothing happens.
Thank you for your help!
Well then that is the first thing you need to figure out, sounds like you have a wiring problem or possibly no power at all to the TCM.
Without the codes you you are just pissing in the wind, no need to go any farther until you figure out why you cannot get codes

Crik13

Well then that is the first thing you need to figure out, sounds like you have a wiring problem or possibly no power at all to the TCM.
Without the codes you you are just pissing in the wind, no need to go any farther until you figure out why you cannot get codes
Thanks for your help, I will keep ya posted.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Action
There is no power to the transmission. At the tcm, the main wire harness do you know what wire code is the power?
Time to say... see the TM's.

Your friendly librarian. This might work???? Redirect to the HUMMER Knowldge page... BUT can be helpful for info related to HumV. Let your finger to the searching.

OR

Trans Wiring.JPG

Might just have to stay after school, CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to look closely 290B is hot with 12V all the time, carries 12V to the relay,, 290C is switched 12V from the relay
Then it goes to 4 different locations, the light, the stop light switch, the transmission and the TCM under different wire numbers, use the link as the posted schematic is not easy to read.
EDIT, this is 12V not 24V
The relay has a 24V coil that is hot (relay on) in the run position

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the light is coming on when you put the switch in the run position then the relay is working, you need to check voltage to the other three locations.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, now see if you have switched 12V at the TCM wire 291D, pin i
You can also look to see if you have 12V switched at the brake switch wire 810A
and the trans. light wire 667B
how do all the connector pins look?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Basically all you should need to get codes from the TCM are,,,,
Power to the TCM, a confirmed working trans light and confirmation that you are actually shorting the leads to get the codes.
if all of these are met and you still do not see any codes then you would start looking at the TCM itself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks