• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission ATF drain plug location

So took the truck for another test drive and she is not changing to 4th OD and it doesn't appear that the converter is locking either. Checked the oil again with trans hot and had to remove a further 1/2 litre of ATF, now it is reading the correct level. When driving she wants to change but doesn't quite make it you ge the feeling of her catching the gear but dropping again. Looking at the Transmission Trouble Shooting TM (page 43) it looks like there could be an issue with the shift solenoid A or B, loss of supply voltage, pressure switch fault etc. It appears that the issue has started when I changed the batteries as the old batteries died in the cold weather. Replaced with military batteries for the HMMWV but this seams to be the start of it all. No issus with trans except change down when I hit bumps in the road. Might have been coincidental. Oh and I found that the trans warni g light had been unplugged, so trans light is on. Need to check for codes now.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So took the truck for another test drive and she is not changing to 4th OD and it doesn't appear that the converter is locking either. Checked the oil again with trans hot and had to remove a further 1/2 litre of ATF, now it is reading the correct level. When driving she wants to change but doesn't quite make it you ge the feeling of her catching the gear but dropping again. Looking at the Transmission Trouble Shooting TM (page 43) it looks like there could be an issue with the shift solenoid A or B, loss of supply voltage, pressure switch fault etc. It appears that the issue has started when I changed the batteries as the old batteries died in the cold weather. Replaced with military batteries for the HMMWV but this seams to be the start of it all. No issus with trans except change down when I hit bumps in the road. Might have been coincidental. Oh and I found that the trans warni g light had been unplugged, so trans light is on. Need to check for codes now.
Have you read the TCM codes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks