• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission // Clutch slip

poppop

The one on the left looks like a coin of some sort. SORRY, just had to do that. I think the other is part of one of the
springs that puts presure on the fingers, but not sure.

Oh, and aim the cleaner at the clutch plate and be sure to get both sides. You need to remove the oil from the flywheel, clutch and pressure plate.

Last edited:

rolling18

lol yea i NEVER saw that comming!! my truck is actually manufacturing quarters!
i havent a clue what the other part is.. i cant tell if its something broke, a part that fell loose, it is not springy and very rigid.

rolling18

pulled the access plate off today and sprayed brake cleaner up there about 1 and half cans.

are the throw bearing in that access plate to gease or are there somewhere else ?

I took it for a drive right after and slipping got worse(alot of rpm not alot of movenment ) then better( less sliping better top end speeds in low gears) as I contiune to drive.

so where exactly are you supposed to aim the cleaner to reduce the slipping?
is th truck supposed to be running when you spray?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rolling18
the part is one of two springs that hold the throw out bearing holder in place so the clutch arm can push on something that is not moving (spinning) while the throw out bearing can spin with the pressure plate. There should be two of them, one on each side (and the spring goes in from the top). we've been working on putting a replacement engine into one of my trucks, and we swapped out the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing (guide bearing in the flywheel was good).

rolling18

Rolling18
the part is one of two springs that hold the throw out bearing holder in place so the clutch arm can push on something that is not moving (spinning) while the throw out bearing can spin with the pressure plate. There should be two of them, one on each side (and the spring goes in from the top). we've been working on putting a replacement engine into one of my trucks, and we swapped out the clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing (guide bearing in the flywheel was good).
YES ding ding ding we have a winner!! i just went out and took this picture while you were responding!! it appears the red circle is the one missing!!

thank you SOOO much for your help!! espically after my very lame description!!

Attachments

rolling18

well its all a moot point now anyway!! heheh

I got my hand up in there and ALMOST had it put back on .. then "fling" it went somewhere in the clutch/ housing area never to be seen again!! sooo i hope it holds together with only one retaining spring.

the clutch still operates well with no noise.. I dont know how long it has been out :confused: but ill know where to look if/ when something goes Kaput!!:shock:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks