• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission cooler fittings

AECS

I am installing an external transmission cooler and in my research here ran across a thread that had pictures of an install that had brass adapters at the radiator and at the hard lines so that no cutting was necessary and it could be easily returned to stock. This is what I want! Problem is that I cannot find the thread or pictures again to get the specifics on the fittings I need at the radiator and lines.

If your searchfoo is working better than mine can you put a link here? Or if you have the info I need that would be great! Thanks

AECS

Jeepsinker

There should be no cutting necessary anyway if you install the cooler after the internal cooler but before the fluid returns to the trans. The return line is the line that goes to the rearmost portion or bottom portion of the case. Simply leave one line connected to the radiator cooler, and plumb the aux cooler in between the rad cooler and return line. You will need to use one of the fittings with the short hose barb that should come with your cooler kit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks