• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission died and still can't find a passenger alternator

cptd

So I started the weekend with a new alternator enroute. Recieved it and it was absolutley the wrong piece. Went back to Autozone and they had the right one, or so we thought. Installed it and had an extra wire hanging off the truck that was supposed to go into the alternator.

That is the isolated ground.

Any ideas on how to get that fixed? I am not really interested in buying yet another alternator. I only have a few days until Autozone ships my old one off.

Then after driving it around, finally!, the transmission stops working altogether. A friend came and helped me diagnose. Fluid looks good but smells burnt. Lines and linkages look good. The only way power is getting from themotor to the wheels though is in 4L and reverse. All other gear combinations have nothing happening.

Ideas on diagnoses there?

Thanks!

CPTD

Lagers4myhead

I haven't had much luck trusting what those auto parts store tell me, I would get your old one back and get a rebuild kit from CUCV electric and rebuild it while you are waiting on your transmission to get rebuilt. That's my 2cents, I am sure other member will be chiming in as well and most of them have more experience than me.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can not buy a passenger side alternator at autozone. Can I make that any clearer?

Go back and get your alternator and money back.

You can but a rebuilt from NAPA for ~$230
Buy one from China on fleabay for ~$150

Or rebuild your old one for ~$50

Last edited: