• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission fitting????

grunex125

Not really sure what this fitting is for, I found I had no hoses of any sort connected to it at all when I removed the floor panel. The fitting is the middle fitting and is on top of the transmission directly behind the shifting lever and under the floor panel. Anyone know?Transmission photo.jpg

The truck is an 817 dump truck in case anyone needs to know

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Those are used to control the forward and reverse sprague in the transfer case. You ever notice that you front axle doesn't work?

grunex125

Thats whats funny about it all the front axle sprage does seem to work, Thats why I never noticed any problem with it........ been in a lot of tight situations and the front axle just kicks in and pulls the front end right around...... dunnno I'm open to hear what you have to say. is the middle fitting got anything to do with the engagement? or could it possibly be part of why the truck seems to shift hard? I mean I'm getting better on the shifting for sure, but every once in a while the truck is hard to downshift......... your thoughts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top middle port is the exhaust port. It needs nothing connected there.

The valve should have 3 hoses connected. A supply from the passengers side frame rail, and 2 hoses between the valve going to the air cylinder on the front of the T-case.

Look at your T-case air cylinder and see if they simply connected the air supply directly to it. If they did, then you only have 6x6 in one direction(depending on which side of the cylider it is connected to).

A look at the -20P TM will get you pics of these hoses and where they go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks