• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission fluid flush

k5ontherocks

iv been reading about transmissions. searched as much as i could.
based upon what ive read and info ive gotten from some allison techs i think i want to run the dextron atf fluid in
my new m931a2.
i work at a gm dealer and have access to a transmission fluid flush machine, this would allow me to get 100% of the oil
out and atf in, in just one setting vs multiple changes needed if oil is just drained and atf installed.
my question...is it ok/safe to use this machine on my truck? i wont be using any of the transmission flush chemicals or additives, i just
thought the machine and a 100% fould change in 1 setting would save me a fair amount of time and money. but i dont want to damage anything.

anyone know?
thanks
Andy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to save time and money, just leave what's in it alone.

We do ask members to capitalize on this site(re-read the rules).

Gunzy

You should be able to use the machine to do a fluid change, but it will need the capacity to handle all the fluid. I'm with doghead, just leave it as is. These trucks have been running 10wt engine oil for 30 years without major failures. If it isn't broke why fix it?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also it depends on what your use is dex has lower broiling point and not recommended for heavy off road use or I would say heavy on road use.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roasted, toasted or fricassed you don't want them over heated.

To the OP sorry to hijack but seems like you have the correct machine to do the job if you decide. Think there were some that tryed to do there own on the M35a3 and eather did not get a good flush or what but had problems later. I spoke with my man at the shop and he told me if there is no problem then lets not do the job and bring it in when there is.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't forget the ol', boil then fry...