• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission gear select light

riderdan

It was practically the dark ages (30 or so years ago) when I drove one of these things for Uncle Sugar, so my memory is hazy. But last week when I came out of a night class (advanced engine rebuilding--we're working on a 62 Austin Sprite 1100 cc motor) I realized that I couldn't see what gear the truck was in. Since you can't start it in R and I couldn't see anything, I just felt one notch down from the top, cranked it up, and drove off. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's supposed to be a lamp under the gear indicator so you can see what gear you're in when it's dark and the lights are on.

Looked in the TM(s) and couldn't find anything. Is there supposed to be a light under the indicator, and if so, how do I replace it?

3jacks

12338439 is the part number. It's a sealed unit so just replaced the whole thing. I didn't even bother trying to take it apart to get to the bulb.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There a sealed LED unit.
Flebay might still have some.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks