• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission inspection window?

MaiNiaK

Still haven't gotten my SF97 so I haven't been driving my truck.

So today I crawled under the truck to grease everything and change my transmission filters and fluid.

Thats when I noticed what looks like an inspection plate hanging by one of four bolts. The plate has one hole in the center and what looks like a drain plug.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Now I know a normal (gas motor) bell housing has an inspection window and the bell housing holds no fluid. I would assume this bell housing to be the same. So why is there a drain plug in the middle and what's the other hole for?

MaiNiaK

Seems there is a gasket that belongs between this cover and bell housing.
The presence of a gasket makes me wonder.

read top of this page.
image.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks