• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission issue

galeo7171

I'm having an issue with the transmission in the m1009. When its cold, it'll shift and move. As soon as it warms up, it wont shift at all. When its warm, the engine just revs and nothing happens. If I manually shift it, nothing happens either. If i let it cool down, it will shift again but only until it warms up. I checked and replaced the rubber hose at the vacuum modulator, and the fluid level is fine and it is a nice pink color and doesn't smell burnt. Only thing I can think is that it needs to have a new filter put in. Any other suggestions?

galeo7171

I don't know if it matters or not, but there is some fluid that spits out the vent on top, I don't know if that means the pump is pumping and the filter is clogged?

rustystud

Fluid level is OK and the fluid is not burnt. Either your pump is bad or your seals are toast. You can check the transmissions pressure for a bad pump, but really either way you need a total rebuild. You can replace the filter, and if your living right it might be the problem but I wouldn't count on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks