• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Light coming on and all lights flashing on stick

TruAg

I recently purchased an M923A2 Cargo Truck. Brought it home and ran just fine. Still runs great, but the dash transmission light is blinking as are all the lights on the automatic stick. Fluid level in transmission is fine and runs, shifts great. Has anyone had this problem? Could a sending unit be bad on the transmission? Wiring issue? Any help would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Flashing light next to the shifter sounds like CTIS.

Plugugly

Is it the yellow "overspeed" light on the dash that is blinking? The ones on the shifter column flashing in red sound like the CTIS system, as others have said. The overspeed light and CTIS are linked, if your going faster than the tire pressure you have selected via CTIS, the yellow light will flash. If I understand the system correctly, it will also raise your tire pressure to the next higher one until it the speed and pressure are what it thinks are appropriate. Above 55mph (more like 60 in my truck) it will blink because that's faster than it thinks you should go in Highway, and it can't raise it anymore than that.

TruAg

Truck runs fine and no problems with the automatic transmission, such as hard shifts or hanging in a lower gear.

The light on the dash that is flashing is labeled "Trans oil." I was going 60 mph, so maybe it is just the CTIS.

On the shifter, it is all the red lights beside what CTIS selection. I selected Hwy, but suspect I have CTIS issues. System is not keeping the tires properly inflated. Air pressure is good, just not getting to tires.

Looking through TM today for trouble shooting CTIS. Thanks!

Rmtaunton

I will give you two guesses what that guage under the flashing light does.

The light you are referring to is your over speed light, it will come on at 55. As far as your ctis lights, let truck build air to 120 or above and shut off . Next restart truck press the run flat button, then after about two minutes hit the hwy button.

As for tonight start reading your TM's starting with the operating procedures to get familiar with how to drive and understand the features on the truck.

Last edited:

Plugugly

Truck runs fine and no problems with the automatic transmission, such as hard shifts or hanging in a lower gear.

The light on the dash that is flashing is labeled "Trans oil." I was going 60 mph, so maybe it is just the CTIS.

On the shifter, it is all the red lights beside what CTIS selection. I selected Hwy, but suspect I have CTIS issues. System is not keeping the tires properly inflated. Air pressure is good, just not getting to tires.

Looking through TM today for trouble shooting CTIS. Thanks!
The label "Trans Oil" belongs to the gauge beneath it, the light is Over speed. There are no lights on the dash that flash other than ABS and Over Speed.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The basic operators manual is, TM 9-2320-272-10

In it you can find info like this...

Attachments

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also make note that you are probably exceeding the speed rating on your tires when they were new.

I doubt they are new now.

dawico

There is a ton of good info in the TMs even if you aren't really looking for something specific. Glad you got it figured out.

TruAg

Plan on following TM instructions on CTIS tonight. Hoping disabling and resetting CTIS will fix light flashing on the ECU. Reading is our friend. Thanks for the pointers.

TruAg

Well, after reading and following the TM, I still have flashing lights on the ECU. Disabled and re-set it as TM explained. I may have a bad ECU. Anybody know where I can find one? Is it essential?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like others said, hold down the run flat button for a couple seconds see what it does. Second if there is one tire that is flat and that doesn't help, take off the connector and see if there is a shrader valve in the vale stem. Third probably a solenoid is bad on the pneumatic unit. Test as per the CTIS manual posted by MtnSnow. Lots of guys here part out trucks, you can pickup any parts you might need reasonable usually.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks