• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission locked up-M151A2

Lindsaym151

got the new clutch in stalled!!!!now my trans seems to be locked up (IN NEUTRAL)I have changed up all fluids.I could not find how much gear oil to install. I have put in 1 quart so far.
Again this motor has been sitting for some time!
Seems to be fighting me.
Next resto the engine comes apart 1st!
Does anyone know of a complete powerpack for sale in Florida?

Lindsaym151

Not yet! only 36 degrees today here waiting a bit, hopefully it will warm up to 50 by 11am.
Should i drain everything and put some lighter oil in to see if i can free it up?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Locked up meaning shifter won't move or meaning clutch won't go in and allow you to leave neutral?

Lindsaym151

Hey Clinto,
I have installed a new clutch. The shifter was not in the trans when I brought it home. Im going to remove the top cover and make sure all things are lined up as they should be.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I would say if the clutch pedal feels normal, then you have shift fork not lined up.

If the clutch feels funny, maybe the disc is in backwards.

salt6

Be careful with the plugs on the side of the transmission. One of them is a pain if you take it out and is not for draining the oil. Check the TMs before diving in.

Lindsaym151

M151a2 trans 004.jpgM151a2 trans 005.jpgM151a2 trans 006.jpgM151a2 trans 007.jpgM151a2 trans 008.jpgM151a2 trans 009.jpgOk guys , this is what I found!
Just as bad as the clutch and flywheel where!
So much for being stored "IN THE WAREHOUSE" for the last 15 years!
Has anyone out their torn into one of these trans before?
What am i up against? maybe cheaper to buy new power pack?

nattieleather

Sorry to see that. For what you spend in labor to rebuild that trans you could get one that was actually stored with oil in it. You can always put another trans on and then rebuild that one at your leisure. I think the -34 tells how to rebuild the trans, but I'm going from memory and not looking at the manual.

rickf

You don't need a whole power pack, just a transmission. I don't think I will try rebuilding that one, by the time you buy all the bearing and syncronizers it would be cheaper to buy another transmission. I have rebuilt a couple of them, they are not a lot of fun to get apart, have band-aids handy.

Rick

JGBallew

View attachment 413846View attachment 413847View attachment 413848View attachment 413849View attachment 413850View attachment 413851Ok guys , this is what I found!
Just as bad as the clutch and flywheel where!
So much for being stored "IN THE WAREHOUSE" for the last 15 years!
Has anyone out their torn into one of these trans before?
What am i up against? maybe cheaper to buy new power pack?
I've managed to free up ones that bad, but they sing like crazy and won't ever shift well or last long.

rickf

Jump over to the g838.org site and send a pm to Mr. Recovery. He lives in Fla. and has lots of connections for parts there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks