• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission mount question

TGP (IL)

If you use the NaPa site and enter Chevrolet K5 4WD Blazer it shows the same mount as your Auto Zone.
I can't remember if the mount is under the Trans. or T-Case on a Blazer.
All my Iron has the 205 T-Case and the mount is under the case which btw is the same mount as the bell housing mounts on a 4 speed manual 2wd truck.
I would suggest getting underneath your truck for a looksee.
Not that hard and then you can mentally compare with the picture.
TGP

jeepjseries

If you use the NaPa site and enter Chevrolet K5 4WD Blazer it shows the same mount as your Auto Zone.
I can't remember if the mount is under the Trans. or T-Case on a Blazer.
All my Iron has the 205 T-Case and the mount is under the case which btw is the same mount as the bell housing mounts on a 4 speed manual 2wd truck.
I would suggest getting underneath your truck for a looksee.
Not that hard and then you can mentally compare with the picture.
TGP
Thanks for the help fellas but yet again the parts I'm looking for is non existent on my M1009. I discovered it buy putting it in four high and the front drive shaft is whats holding transmission and case up. It's called a transmission mount but is mounted under the transfer case.

TGP (IL)

Actually I use CarQest or GM, but his link was available.
I don;t remember ever seeing a mount like that on a Chev 4x4 of any model,but again I'm kinda winging it on your K5 because I haven't been around one in many years,
Good Luck!
TGP

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use the napa website to look for an item and part number and then see which of the other stores have what I need.

Why not look in the Tech Manual parts manual, get the GM part number and then cross-reference it to NAPA, AutoZone, xyz, etc..............

TM 9-2320-289-34P, Figure 71, Item #2 and #4

Pluging these numbers into the www.napaonline.com and clicking the interchange button, shows the same numbers as listed above in the NAPA link.

Got to start thinking outside the box. :-D

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the proper mount? Duralast/Transmission Mount (2638) | 1985 Chevrolet Blazer 4WD 8 Cylinders C 6.2L Diesel | AutoZone.com

If not who knows what to tell them to look up to get the proper one. Not much luck around here with Napa. I use Autozone, Oriley's, and Advanced.

This is not the correct part.

Your truck is a hybrid so you will need to use two different models when ordering parts.

Tell them a:

1984 K5 Blazer with 6.2L and Turbo 400 tranny and NP208 transfer case - for everything except the engine and axles

or

1984 K30 Pickup with 6.2L J-code engine - for engine and axle parts (use this for the engine because the Blazer didn't come in a J-code version and your axles have been swapped)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are two pieces to the mount. Two of each for a total of four. Post #6 shows the correct items. And the diagram in the TM 9-2320-289-34P shows how it goes together.

I was attempting to point you in the right direction and teach you how to start looking up the info yourself. That doesn't seem to be working yet.

So I will list all the part numbers for you.

1984 K30 Pickup, 6.2L J-Code Engine, TH400 transmission, NP208 transfer case.

Upper - GM 3705444
Lower - GM - 14009321

Upper - NAPA BK 6021034
Lower - NAPA BK 6021035

Upper - Autozone 2107 or A2107
Lower - Autozone 2108 or A2108

Upper - Oreilly's 2107
Lower - Oreilly's 2108

If your mounts are missing the hardware may be gone also, so you may need this kit.

Oreilly's - 3.1106G

List: AT Mount - 1984 Chevrolet K30 | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks