• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission noise maybe

BigDuck

My '85 M1009 has started to make a squeeling/squeeking noise after it warms up, my drive to work takes 12-15 mins, at the last few stop signs when i let off the accelrator i start to hear a squeeling sound, i thought it might be a belt but it only does it after it warms up. I pulled it up into neutral today at lunch when i was about to come to a stop sign and it stopped squeeling , while stopped i put it back in gear and it didn't start to squeel, i took off and as i approched the next stop light i let off the accelerator and it starts to squeel again, these are variable pitched squeels higher to lower as i come to a stop.

I checked the transmission fluid when i got home from work ( again a 15 min drive ) and it was sort of foamy like it had been aearated or something, any advise will be greatly appreciated.