• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission noise

rfischba1

I was checking out a few trucks on the GL lot and one M1008 PU with low miles looks nice BUT, when I put the transmission in gear, there was a light grinding sound??

Any thoughts on what might be wrong?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Front brakes rusted and scraping? Or, a million other things!
Were you moving when it made the noise? If it made the noise in gear and not moving, look at another truck!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A cracked flex plate can make odd noises? Pretty hard to diagnose it like this. Whatever it was, time and some money probably can fix it!

Rattlehead

Maybe the pump, nothing else in the trans is spinning, other than the converter itself. Try shifting to Low or Reverse range, if noise is louder it may be the pump. Most autos boost line pressure in Low and Reverse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks