• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Problem- No 1st Gear

gcbennet

I'm having an issue with my tranny not wanting to go into 1st gear. When the selector is placed in 1st there's the typical thump of the tranny engaging and the engine labours, but when the accelerator is pushed nothing happens except revving. When driving in D it seems to start in 2nd gear and has never kicked down to 1st up hills or whatever. In hopes of finding something i dropped the pan, but nothing. I changed the fluid for some good AMSOIL synthetic and replaced the filter while i was at it, but other than a healthy layer of black scum in the bottom of the pan there wasn't anything that stood out. Now i've only had the truck for a few months and have been merely working on it and getting it ready for the road up to this point, but the previous owner claims there weren't any tranny problems while he still had it and i've basically pampered it since i got her home. Any ideas?

Gord

Augi

That healthy layer of black scum is probably clutch friction material that used to be part of your first gear clutch... Might be time for a rebuild.

Augi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks