• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission problem

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do these things use thrust washers on the countershaft?

CUMMINS

I don't think reverse or first is synchronized, when I shift into reverse the shifter doesn't ''click'' into reverse it will sometimes jump out without the engine running and the truck sitting still, the shifter seems to be pushed out with the reverse shifter spring, what ever holds the shifter in the other gears doesn't work in reverse, but I don't know what to do to fix it

Jones

If your shift forks are tight on their sliding shafts you might look to the top cover for a gummed up detent ball, or it's spring might be collapsed or broken.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The idea about the sprag rod is something to look at. It moves fore & aft with the 1st-reverse shift, and if it is out of adjustment it can cause the problem you are referring to. To check it out, pull the linkage from the rear of the top of the trans and see if your reverse pop-out problem stops.

If so, then you need to fix the linkage and/or transfer.

dg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks