• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission pukes oil from input.

shannondeese

I have a problem with my transmission. When I fill it up to the rim of the fill port, for the next few hundred miles it pukes 90wt when I stop. It all drains out of the hole in the clutch cover. It leaks until it's about 1 to 1 1/2 inches below the fill port. It has been doing this for about a two years. Is there any way to get it to stop or is it ok to let it run a little low. Thanks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pull the trans and look it over. Your front cover may be loose or missing bolts.

Obviously after 2 years, it is not going to heal itself.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Common problem, search will return a lot of info. The fix typically is a new input shaft cover. It's a close fit that helps seal it in. Check your vents as well on the transmission. Some have also reduced the oil level in the trans to aid in the problem. But typically the fix involves removal.

pigfoot63

X2 with PA, I have repaired many of these. The front input cover will wear usually because your pilot bushing is worn out. Also the expansion plug in the front of trans will leak, the vent in the trans can be defective and yes your trans can be overfilled.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Fill to about a bit under one knuckle down, this WILL stop your leak,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not if the bolts on the front cover are loose or missing.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Agree with both statements. If the bolts are good and tight, a knuckle low will "cure" a slack input housing. Loose/missing bolts, nothing will change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks