• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Shift Points

Jon0249

Hoping to tap into a specific set of experiences, here. I'm a couple of years into a transmission swap, now running a 4L80e, using a Quick4 controller. When the tranny was installed, I used the transmission output speed sensor, instead of the T-case. It didn't give me accurate speedo readings, but it wasn't enough to motivate me to switch. Until the trans OSS died last week. Long story longer, I swapped OSS input from trans to T-case. Works perfectly. Sort of.

With the T-case OSS input, my shift points are completely different, so I wrote new SPs to the controller. But I can't seem to dial in the config I want. So my questions are for those who have gone to a 4L80e (or other electronically controlled tranny). I'm looking for a table (or screenshot of one) that shows visually the shift points you've dialed in and are comfortable with. The HMMWV is unique in terms of mass/weight, peak torque, speed and RPMs, and I'm interested in combinations that others have played with and like.

I'd gladly exchange calibration files, but mine will be specific to the Quick4 proprietary operating system. The best solution will probably be a screenshot, instead.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks