• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Shifting Lucas Additive

The Baron

Just bought a M1009 and I am having issues with it shifting. The vehicle struggles shifting into the next gear to get to around 35 mph. Transmission oil is pink and doesn't smell burnt. Is this normal with these vehicles or should I try putting some additive like Lucas. Not sure if it would solve my issue or if its would cause a bigger problem.

that1028guy

The transmissions in these trucks are shifted with vacuum, check your vacuum pump, and all the lines, replace all would be a good idea. After that there is a box attached to the IP that you can adjust to change the shift points. When all else fails, check the TMs

Matt65

Agreed, confirm vac lines before additive. I have a link to the CUCV TMs in my signature. The -20 will be helpful here under:
TM 9-2320-289-20
3-21. TRANSMISSION VACUUM HOSES REPLACEMENT.

Welcome to the Forum![thumbzup]

Last edited: