• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission upgrade

dependable

Having owned a few civy 6.2 s with manual trannys, I would advise you to stick with the TH400. the torque curve on the 6.2 favors the automatic, unless you are going to put in a 5 or 6 speed. The standard Chevy 4 spd w granny gear works ok w a gas 350, not so much with the 6.2. It is likely that the crankshaft was not bored out for the clutch pilot bearing, many 6.2s were not.

Thanks for the NV4500 link - now I have an idea at least of what trannys might work! Will make searching a lot easier - which was the plan once I found out if anyone had already done such a swap.

I just hate auto's - especially in ultra cold weather. Have used the SM465 and agree - not well suited as-is. The overdrive gear would be easier to use if built in vs an add-on component and I am planning to add a Banks Turbo.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks