• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission upgrade

carctruck

Really want to put at least a four speed in my CUCV, anyone have any part numbers or suggestions, Im also looking at putting in a turbo down the road anyone know how the sidewinder kit works out?

Atwater

best bet on the trans is to find a parts truck(one stop shopping). 4 spd was it for the chevys of this vintage. i think the sidewinder kit in a cucv may require moving one of the battery trays but i dont know for sure. do a search and you should be able to find all sorts of info:beer:

1986Blazerk5

best bet on the trans is to find a parts truck(one stop shopping). 4 spd was it for the chevys of this vintage. i think the sidewinder kit in a cucv may require moving one of the battery trays but i dont know for sure. do a search and you should be able to find all sorts of info:beer:
Yes the banks sidewinder kit does require moving of the rear battery tray

Cucvnut

for the TransMission I would use a 4l80e its better than a 700r4 but its computer controlled. a guy just posted up his thread on it.

True Knight

I just posted a write up of my 4L80 install. Its on the 4th page now. I am very happy with the way the truck drives now. And i am also going to be looking into a turbo soon (hopefully).