• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

transmission vac pump help

BigDuck

what wrench is used to loosin the bolt to adjust the position of the pump? i cant seem to get to it with a standard wrench, i went to the tool store to find an OPEN END obstruction wrench but they only offer closed ends. any help will be greatly appreciated, i hope i dont have to remove the intake just to get to this one bolt.:?:

jmmay82

If you are talking about the vac pump where the distributor would go in a gasser I was able to get a 15 with a long 3/8 extension on it easily

BigDuck

Well i took an old 3/8 open end and ground the side down, that worked. I adjusted it but the transmisson still shifts hard so i've adjusted it to about 5 different positions with no luck finding a sweet spot, it may need to be replaced or taken off and cleaned like one guy did, i just gotta find that thread again.......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The position of the pump, makes no difference to the function. It is not position sensitive.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks