• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transmission Vaccuum Control

RedHeadTarn

So on page 3-64.1 of the TM it describes how to adjust the valve for proper shifting points. (Paragraph 3-21.1) The Illustration shows using the Valve guage block to do this. Does anybody know what this is? The picture has the number .696 on the block, is that the height of the block, could I just use a peice of wood sanded down to .696 inches? Any help would be appreciated, as I had to get a new motor in my 1028 and I think the Mechanics just swapped the valve out without adjusting it because my tranny shift points are WAY too high.

Anyone?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess your where sleeping in class this week......:wink:
Warthog, Thank you for the great threads and posts you share here. Your help is very much appreciated.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My pleasure.

I know that I post the "Great Truck" "Good job" type of post, but I try to make the tech stuff as detailed as I can, that way everyone learns.

AndrewH

I especially appreciate how you share information without the required "go look it up yourself" comment. It helps me out a lot because my Search Fu is poor. I have learned a lot just snooping around on the threads you help on! THANKS! AndrewH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks